Tooth-Colored Fillings – Columbia, MO
Lifelike Solutions for Cavities
If you’re suffering from a cavity or a relatively minor break in your tooth, a filling could be the ideal restoraitve dentistry solution. Older dental patients may remember a time when fillings were primarily made of metal amalgam and gave teeth unsightly silver spots that clashed with their natural smiles. Thankfully, that technique is a thing of the past here at Columbia Healthy Smiles. Dr. Batson and Dr. Abe are happy to offer tooth-colored fillings for our Columbia, MO dental pataients that are stronger, more conservative, and more aesthetically pleasing, so dentistry patients can enjoy both better function and better appearance. Contact our Columbia, MO dental office today to schedule your first appointment!
Why Choose Columbia Healthy Smiles for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Natural-Looking, Long-Lasting Results
- Focused on Long-Term Care for Dental Patients
- State-of-the-Art Dental Technology
The Filling Process
The process of getting a filling is simple and fast – in fact, it only requires one appointment. Once our dentists have numbed the area to help you feel comfortable, they’ll prepare the tooth by cleaning away decay, taking care to preserve the natural structure as much as possible in the process. Once this process is completed, they’ll place the composite resin material, expertly shape it so that it blends in with the tooth, and use a special light to harden it in place.
The Benefits of Choosing Tooth-Colored Fillings Include:
- As already stated, your filling will be custom-made to seamlessly mimic the natural look of your tooth, creating a lifelike appearance you can feel confident about.
- Tooth-colored fillings are completely free of mercury and other metals that some patients may find irritating.
- Composite resin has a minimized risk of changing when exposed to temperature, which keeps your tooth safer and stable.
- Since the material doesn’t need to be a certain size to be placed successfully, we can use tooth-colored fillings to repair even tiny cracks.